Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/07/05

Abdominal burning pain

Please help. I get a pain just below my ribs that comes and goes like burning waves. First I thought it was heartburn, but it pains. It almost feels as if I am very hungry all the time. [Eating does not help]Hearburn medication or pain tablets does not help. The pain wakes me up at night. Thanks.

Liza, my guess would be that you have an ulcer or at least gastritis. The best would be to see your doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.

3
Posted by: SAME PAIN | 2005/07/06

I use to get that same pain and sometimes still do. On the health section on the news they gave me a hint as to what might cause these pains. Thirst!!!!!! I would wake up at night and feel like I was going to die from hunger. Something to drink sorted that out . Hope it helps for you too

Reply to SAME PAIN
Posted by: M | 2005/07/05

My husband used to have this and is now taking Nexiam 20mg every other day (1 x day) and problem solved, might be an ulcer.

Reply to M
Posted by: Claudia | 2005/07/05

Hi Liza

I just logged onto the website with exactly the same question! It feels like hunger pains! Please help us doc!

Claudia

Reply to Claudia