Question
Posted by: Nooi | 2007/04/03

abdomin

I have had various ops on my abdomin. One of which became septic and also reocurrance of hernias. I am now told that I am a walking time bomb as there is only 3mm between the outside world and my insides as I have no muscles left (they are as thin as tissues paper). I was also told that there is nothing that can be done as my doctor has already used mesh to strengthen my abs, but I am sure that there is someone out there that can help me.

Dear Nooi
There probably is - get a second opinion - a plastic surgeon may be able to swing a muscle flap over the area to strengthen the abdominal wall?