Question
Posted by: girl x | 2004/10/12

abbot lab. weight loss option

I saw an ad. on tv about a weight loss option (ask your doc.) from abbot lab. Can u tell me more about it?

Dear Girl
I have not seen this ad but think it may be for one of the appetite suppressants produced by Abbot such as Reductil. This product is used together with an energy-reduced diet and is usually prescribed for patients with obesity (BMI exceeding 27 or 30). If you only need to lose a few kg, you can achieve this with a low-energy diet and regular exercise. Ask your gp about this ad and the product, as it can only be prescribed by a medical dr.

1
Posted by: Linda | 2004/10/13

I have also seen this ad on TV - and I look forward to seeing the Diet Docs reply......

Reply to Linda