Question
Posted by: Kay | 2007/12/14

Ab exercise

HI Doc
Will clenching (sucking in and releasing) my stomach muscles help tone/define them... say if I did them while sitting down at work/in the car etc.?

Hi Kay

No, not really. It helps, every little bit does, but this alone won't do too much good. They'd certainly get stronger and that will mean possible improvements in tone and definition, but you must also be aware that regular cardio training, which causes fat loss, are the best form of exercise for this reason.

So by all means do the constant stomach tightening, but also do the cardio, otherwise it will be relatively wasted.