Question
Posted by: risa | 2007/12/01

Ab belts

I developed a bit of a flabby tummy after my kids were born. my youngest is now 2. I really don't have time to exercise much but I have a tummy belt - the normal belt without vibrators etc. If I tie it around my tummy every day, will it help to make my tummy smaller?

Hi Risa

I'm afraid it won't help - 100% gimmick, with very little basis for working, I'm afraid. You need to exercise, and that means finding the time. Very few people look at their day and see that they have a lot of time to exercise - you kind of have to make the time and prioritize it, and not just for the stomach, which is really just asthetic. You need to do this for health reasons too, and so I would really recommend looking at your routine and seeing if there is any way you can find 60 minutes a day for exercise. Because the ab belts are just marketing ploys, nothing more!

Ross