Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2004/10/15

A word of Thanks

Hi CS and Forum Readers

I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thank you again for all you've done for me in the past 2 weeks (advice and encouragement). I know I'm not the easiest of people to deal with at times, and I also know that people don't like being around negative people either. Just knowing that you're there for me does a lot for me.

I overcame a huge urge to cut on Sunday morning (go figure, chocolate is doing it for me at the moment), and yesterday I was feeling particularly anxious, but at the time I couldn't do anything about it because there were people all around. I've come to realise that I need to find myself positive distractions. Just as negativiy releases chemicals inside of your body, surely positivity will do the same. (I'm just finding it difficult to find the unfattening posistive stimulants at the moment!).

Anyway, enough soppiness from my side. Have a great weekend.

Thanks, and it's delightful to hear of your progress. And Chocolate isn't that mysterious, as it does seem to contain some interesting chemicals which canbeneficially affect our mood ! And you're also right about the benefits of positivity.
Good news, generally, is that, after the Central Post Office in Pretoria managed to lose all my mail for yet another month, much of it seems to have been found, and this includes the copies of that very promising set of UK paperback books about self-=help, using CBT methods, to deal with Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, etc, etc. So whenever I can scrape together some time, I will be checking these out and writing book reviews about them, which we will post online here, together with a link through Kalahari to enable folks to buy copies and receive them rapidly and directly.

1
Posted by: lulu | 2004/10/15

Well done!

A line in "Suvivor" by Destiny's child goes like this: "When you surround yourself with positive things, you'll gain prosperity." Only after my divorce and subsequent sulking for two years did these words get meaning for me.

I can understand the chocolate bit doing it for you. Still does for me. (o: Very wet biltong worked even better. Like I told Chelle before, I have a whole cupboard full of "artwork" done in red paint too. Silly, but it worked for me.

I haven't cut in years and I never will again. Hope you can say the same words in a while. Good luck and congrats on your excellent progress.

Reply to lulu