Question
Posted by: Joe | 2006/03/31

A very painful corn on the bottom of my foot

I suffer from polio and due to it I have had a corn on the bottom of my foot for more than eighteen years now. I have had several treatments done on it but within two weeks it has come back just as bad. I have had no choice but to walk on it because of the polio which it causes me a great deal of pain. Would could I do to ease the pain or to get rid of it. Please help!!!

Expert ImageArchive

First things first has your treatnment been with a podiatrist
If no then that is your first step go to a podiatrist
if yes then ask your podiatrist to make you orthotics as the shape of your foot is causing you to stand in a manner where the pressure is very high over the point wjhere you are getting the corn
If your podiatrist diesnt make orthotics Call the SA Podiatry assn 0861 100 249 and ask Gina to refer you to one who does
Next you must remove the corn (and wear the orthotics) often not only when it bothers you by this I mean treat it every 2 weeks at first the 3 weeks then 4 and so on until it stays away