Question
Posted by: Drewsa | 2004/03/04

A strong headache until the morning

Doc,
My girlfriend suffers from serious headaches especially in the afternoon. It becomes so strong that her eyes become reddish during the suffering. Panado tablets can suppress the pain. If nothing has been take, the headache continues until the morning. Tension can actually be felt on her shoulders and neck, she can also feel the tension in the neck muscles. A slight twitch triggers the pain again. Is this migraine? Is it related to stress at work?
Please help Doc.

Drewsa, it sounds like it might be a muscle tension headache, but it might also be due to other things like blood pressure problems, neck problems, eye strain etc. If you’re interested in something I wrote on headaches a while ago, you can e-mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you a copy. She should also have her eyes checked and maybe have a good physical to make sure that nothing serious is the matter. Good luck.