Question
Posted by: Paul (a.k.a. Crusader | 2005/12/12

A sincere thank you

Dear CyberShrink

I owe you a big thank you for advice given in November, my follow-up got lost in the maze of my 1st question.

How do you or anyone for that matter gauge a person's optimum level of functioning? The question has to do with the terms manic and depressed (above or below the line). Seeing that I was involved in a car accident at 18 months there is no "normal" to judge me on. Having said that there is no such thing as a absolute normal person.

I have a letter from my career guidance councelor from school days stating that I never displayed signs of being hyperactive or any psychological problems while at school. My plan is to get further testimonials from various teachers to prove my point. I was talkative and aurgumentive (debating) when the opportunity presented itself as in asking political questions to Exchange students.

If there was no evidence of bipolar stemming from my car accident then it must be the eviroment. I admit I made foolish choices earlier in life, but the trick is to look forward in life as it is the only way to achieve success in life.

Things are going better at home. I think they saw I was hurting. I even got paid a compliment from my shrink in that she stated that I am a logical person.

Best wishes to ALL for the festive season.

What you're describing a school sounds like a highly intelligent youth, within a system that neither understands nor appreciates intelligence. I agree that it doesn't sound as though the Bipolar Disorder would have been relaed to the car accident. But sounds like you're making excellent progress of a realistic sort. GOod luck with continuing that, and best possible wishes to you and yours for the festive season

1
Posted by: Jenny (aka Nadine) | 2005/12/12

You too Paul. Have a good one. :-)

Reply to Jenny (aka Nadine)