Question
Posted by: Hanlie | 2007/07/30

a shake for breakfast?

I can't face food within 3 hours of waking up. It's not just a matter of not feeling hungry, I actually feel nauseous when I try to eat breakfast before mid-morning.
Is it okay to have a meal replacement shake for breakfast? If so, what brand would you recommend? (Not something that would make me fatter, please). I want something that I can just add water or milk to and drink, not a smoothie recipe, please.
Until now I've just had coffee in the morning and then a sandwich at 10h00, which is apparently not healthy.

Dear Hanlie
There are so many different shakes available on the market (check at your chemist and health shops), that you can select any one that you think will not make you nauseous.. The shake you choose should not provide more than 500 cal (2100 kJ) per serving (also when mixed with fat-free milk) or 1/3 of your daily energy intake if you are slimming. An alternative would be to have a glass of fruit juice when you get up and then eat a balanced breakfast mid-morning (All-Bran or Muesli with fat-free yoghurt, fruit and a wholewheat sandwich).

3
Posted by: Y | 2007/08/01

Try Annique Lifestyle milkshakes - delicious, lite and easy to make. (I especially like the caramel flavour)

Reply to Y
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/07/31

QUESTION 951

Reply to Lucy
Posted by: Lucy | 2007/07/31

Hi Hanlie
I'm exactly the same as you, can't eat sooo early, so I've just started drinking the weet-bix up&go drink. I've asked the diet doc if this is ok. Let's see what she says.
Lucy

Reply to Lucy