Question
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/20

A sad dads poem

MY CHILD!
Dis baie mooi.

A sad Dads poem...
This is a beautiful poem. There is an appeal from a Zimbabwean couple at the bottom of message, not asking for anything more than that you hand the poem on. The husband wrote the poem.

TO MY CHILD

Just for this morning, I am going to
smile when I see your face and laugh
when I feel like crying.

Just for this morning, I will let you
choose what you want to wear,
and smile and say how perfect it is.

Just for this morning, I am going to step
over the laundry and pick you up and take you to
the park to play.

Just for this morning, I will leave the
dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put
that puzzle of yours together.

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug
the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with
you in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell
once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream and
whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one
if he comes by.

Just for this afternoon, I won't worry
about what you are going to be when you grow up, or
second guess every decision I have made where you are
concern ed.

Just for this afternoon, I will let you
help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you
trying to fix them.

Just for this afternoon, I will take us
to McDonald's and buy us both a Happy Meal so you can
have both toys.
Just for this evening, I will hold you in
my arms and tell you a story about how you were
born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you
splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you
stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all
the stars.

Just for this evening, I will snuggle
beside you for hours, and miss my favourite TV
shows.

Just for this evening when I run my
finger through your hair as you pray, I will simply be
grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever
given.

I will think about the mothers and
fathers who are searching for their missing children, the mothers and fathers who are visiting their children's graves instead of their bedrooms. The mothers and fathers who are in hospital rooms watching their children suffer senselessly and screaming inside that little body

And when I kiss you goodnight I will hold
you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then,
that I will thank God for you, and ask him for
nothing, except one more day.............

Hi! I am a 29-year-old father. My wife and I have had a wonderful life together. God blessed us with a child too. Our daughter's name is Rachel and she is 10 years old. Not long ago did the doctors detect brain cancer in her little body.

Thanks for sharing an important insight, DBB. But I'm worried about you not eating. You know this is no good for you, so keep up the soups and add some solid food to it. Good nutrition is part of the solution to every problem.

13
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/21

Well you given me good advise
you are correct i never had the soup, sorry for lying to you but i just throght it would make you feel better that i have eat .

cheers speak to you on another posting

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/21

Hi there,

Something is telling me you r lying about the soup......!

No I don't really send postings to other people. I have posted 3 times myself about personal problems but no I don't post really to help others. Sometimes when I post I feel I can kick myself coz then my advise sounds so stupid.

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/21

Hi JM
Sammy is 9 years old and is everything to me .
I am explained to the x whats going a hundred times but she just does not seem to understand ,One day i will send her an email and the one i posted awhile ago called nail in the fence then maybe she understand.
Sammy and the X get on very well together so i still don't know how i am going to explain this to Sammy .I will slow down on the drinking once the pain has gone

JM tell me a bit about your self and do you send posting to help others as you are doing for me

Soup was great thanks for that

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/21

Of course I must worry. It is not nice to see how a person are busy destroying themselves and you cannot do anything about it.

How old is Sammy?

Please talk to your X G/F and tell her your feelings. There is nothing as bad as to be rejected and you don't even know why, don't you think you owe her that last bit of respect? Like I said on a previous posting perhaps if she really knows what is going on, she will make peace and go.

Mmm, I smell that soup....is it nice?

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/21

Hi JM,
You must not worry about me i will me fine one day like today i feel on top of the world for how long i am not sure . On Friday i am picking up Sammy (child) for the weekend so there will be no drinking i will be out with her having a good timei am not sure if i have told this on this site i never wanted kids ever the X was on the pill and fell pregent so i think God looked down on be years ago and said he needs someone to keep him alive ,if Sammy was not around i would have been long gone.

Home not to sure only got home at 03h00 was up by 05h30
i have been on sleeping pills for 15 years as i have a problem sleeping two hours and i am awake if i dont take them the X G/F is still there i just hope she leaves the end of this month the soon she leaves the sooner she will find her smile and happyness i will love her from a distance.

i going right now to buy some soup and have a cup

Cheers for now

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/21

Hi there,

Did not expect a reply so early. I am glad you had a splendid night. I know it is not my place to say but I am really worried about your drinking. How's things going at home?

Try something like chicken soup, apparently it is quite healthy and when drinking it, don't think of it as food but rather as fluid. You must look after yourself...

Can't see anything wrong with your spelling, are you English?

Bye -bye

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/21

Morning JM,

I must say i had a great night out i relaxed forgot about or my worries the ladies really looked after me last night had too much to drink no again stange even when the crap curry was all laid out on the table i did not even think of food . they really but on a spread for us last night for my boss and myself they even came to sit and eat with us well no food for me
I will try to eat today maybe soup will word for me

don't worry about your English its fine my problem is spelling i am no good at that

cheers thanks again speak to you later

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/20

Sorry just another thought. Why don't you buy those packets of cup a soup and drink that, I am sure that will be easier to consume than food?

Greetings

Reply to JM
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/20

Well I am very glad that you are going out with people tonight. Perhaps the depression will stay away a tad longer if you are with company you enjoy.

Please try and eat something. I am sure fish will do, coz it doesn't make you as full as meat. Just try little pieces at a time.

You must enjoy your evening and please let me know how it went. (Sorry for the strange English but I am in one of my Afrikaans "buie" today and then I usually struggle a teeny weeny with the English language)

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/20

Hi JM , A bit better but i feel the depression creeping along slowly. Last night the girls from the pub cheered me up as i was looking so sad they even tried feed me but still have not eaten since Sunday.

I am out for supper tonight with Boss and and freind fom Perth so maybe i have a fish or try to

Cheers

Reply to DBB
Posted by: JM | 2004/10/20

Glad to see you r feeling a bit better today.

Reply to JM
Posted by: DBB | 2004/10/20

True ,we should all be thank full for being heathly

Reply to DBB
Posted by: Shaun | 2004/10/20

Makes you think doesn't it...

Reply to Shaun