Question
Posted by: Lee | 2004/10/26

A quick question for a guy just starting to work out...

I have a question that i am hoping you can advise me on...

I am have just started working out at home the last few weeks... cycling, jogging, doing some weights and bench pressing!

As from the end of this month i am starting out at a proper gym...

What i would like to know is that could i use creatine once i start a proper and regular gym routine... I ask this because i think i am slightly over weight... about 8 or 9kg's or so!

Will taking creatine help me burn this fat, while adding muscle... or should i tone / trim this fat first before taking the creatine with gym?

Also should i use it before the work out.. or after...?

Thanx for a informative forum...

Cheers!

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Lee,

Pirate's and Chick's advice suffices.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

4
Posted by: jr6packer | 2005/10/12

can i be able to mix criatine with like gatorade or somthing like that. grapejuice maybe. or tell me anything else that i can be able to mix it with.

Reply to jr6packer
Posted by: Jr6Packer | 2005/10/12

Around what time should i take this criatine. Like an hour before the workout or what.

Reply to Jr6Packer
Posted by: Pirate | 2004/11/11

Creatine helps to reduce the recovery time on your muscles. It also gives you some added energy for quike spurts when needed. Like sprinting. That's why most Rugby players use it. Some users are non-responding, so try for yourself. Use 5 - 7g before and after a workout. But very importantly use with a carb rich drink like Stamidade or similar. Also try and consume about 2L water per day as this helps with Creatine to do it's job in resoring the muscles. Be sure to choose a workout to suite your needs. Most gyms will have someone in-house to assit. Also don't expect wonders from criatine alone. Look at your diet and make sure you get enough protein to help the muscles recover. 80% diet 20% exercice. You are what you eat!! If you want to loose that 8 or so Kg, then stop eating carbs at around lunch time. So supper you can have protein and veggies for example. Shoot if you need more advice.

Reply to Pirate
Posted by: Chick | 2004/10/26

you should take creating with dextrose - carries it through yout system - should take it b4 and after gym

Reply to Chick