Question
Posted by: Embarresed | 2005/11/22

A question I'm too embarresed to ask

I found out that I'm four weeks pregnant today, I have made an appointment with my gynae but in these last few weeks had a few lines of cocaine (5 to be exact) I was not planning this pregnancy and was on the pill.

Do any of you have advise for me regarding the above cos I'm too embarresed to tell my gynae.

If you stop now, there should not be any harm.

2
Posted by: Lau | 2005/11/23

Hello, Just kick the habit it its head NOW!!!!! But I don't think it would have done any harm. The day before I found out I was pregnant, I got really trashed at a braai, and everything was fine. But the day I found out I was pregnant I stopped drinking and smoking COMPLETELY. I wanted to be 100% sure that if there was something wrong, I was no way to blame!!!!! Congrats, and enjoy!!!!

Reply to Lau
Posted by: anon | 2005/11/22

As you are only 4 weeks i don't think its made that bad of am inpact as long as you abstain from all forms of drugs, ciggs and alcohol from now on and whilst you are breast feeding. I don't mean to say its done nothing, as cocaine is an extremely powerful drug, but at least you know the dangers and can now stop. I just hope that you can thou cause i know its a VERY addictive thing and when you are in one of those "moods" it could seem to be a good idea. Just remember that you are the boss of our own body and you can put whatever you like in it, but you have no right to "poison" an innocent thing thats depending on you for survival.

Reply to anon