Posted by: sexy Betty | 2008/08/18

a new me?

Hi Anti-age

I recently lost a MOUNTAIN of weight and in the process of re-inventing myself. I need to know how much a breast -lift cost as well as what I can do to make me look a couple of years younger? Is there really something that can tighten the facial skin and clear pigmentation etc? I bought La Mer cream but am not really as impressed with it as everyone have been raving about the product.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi “Sexy Betty”, thank you for the question. Congratulations on the weight loss and I wish you all the best on the new path you have chosen.

The price for a breast lift will vary from surgeon to surgeon and your best option would be to phone a few plastic surgeons’ rooms to get a quote (one is most probably looking in the range of R 30,000.00).

You have a number of options to improve the appearance of the skin:

Topical products: NeoStrata, Environ, Skin Nutrition, La Prairie Swiss Cellular Range, Dr Perricone, etc.
A good SPF that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.
Adding topical antioxidants such as Prevage MD, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
One can also consider adding a glycolic acid peel regime to the above topical products to enhance the effects on the skin and pigmentation clearance.
Skin Rejuvenation Technologies:
Syneron emax, Fraxel, Lumenis Ultra FX, Ellipse IPL, etc.
Skin Tightening Technologies:
Syneron Refirme, Thermage, Titan.

You can obtain more information on most of the above mentioned products and treatments at my web page: