Question
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/01

A Kick in the head

Well still cig free, but finding it so hard. I laughingly thought today "Wow i havent thought about cigs all day" meanwhile its ALL im thinking about.

How can you want to quit but still want that cig so badly??

I obviously dont need one since im using NRT (patches) just want one.. i tried holding an unlit one and kept finding myself dragging on it so quickly got rid of it before i could convice myself to light it up..

When will this end????

NOt thinking about them isn't easy. Was it Tolstoy the writer who first pointed out how, once someone instructed you NOT to think of a white bear, it became suddenly hard NOT to think of a white bear ?
I find with stopping smoking there are actually a whole bunch of habits you need to break, including finding something else to do with your hands ( so worry beads, or some other activity for the hands can be helpful ) and something else to so with your mouth ( fiddling with and chewing carrot and celery sticks can help, too And they have the added advantage that they're really hard to light, and taste horrible if you do manage to light them ! !

11
Posted by: The Camel Man | 2006/08/02

Yes, I have to be in court at 14h30. Defending another multi-million Rand client who tried a bit of tax evasion. But such is the life of an advocate. So, see you in the courts one day Puffy! Don't take too long now!

Reply to The Camel Man
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/02

well its been ... distracting.. but i must get back to studying now, so i guess you'll have to go back to posting under your usual nickname and pretend to be a nice caring person.. Good luck with that.

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: The Camel Man | 2006/08/02

A little donation of Zoloft or Luvox is always welcome! And what better way to enjoy them - with a Camel, of course!!

Reply to The Camel Man
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/02

im not stressed actually im feeling good. Studying constitutional law and listening to some good music. If you give me your postal adress i can send you your 2 cents back tho as i really dont need it and i'll also send you some of my mind meds as i think you need them more than i do.

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: The Camel Man | 2006/08/02

Puffs, a liitle bit of stress showing there? Feeling a bit edgy, hey? Typical withdrawal symptons of the veteran smoker. Let uncle Camel Man help you to cope with the real world. It's so much cheaper than all those expensive mind meds you're on!

Reply to The Camel Man
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/02

Yes i will talk to my cats, it will be a much more stimulating and intellectual conversation than trading insults with you.

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: The Camel Man | 2006/08/02

Aaaah Puffs, just go ahead and light up. It's so much easier. Think of that delicious aromatic smoke sliding all the way down into those waiting alveoli. And what are you going to do after that cup of coffee - talk to the kitsie witsies? Rather enjoy a calming and life enriching cigarette. Why deny yourself the international passport to smoking pleasure? Light up a Peter S - or better still - a Camel!! And live (well, at least for a short while)!

And I'll get paid this month ana will be able to keep my Camel Landrover.

Reply to The Camel Man
Posted by: Libby | 2006/08/01

Good for you trying to stop - I have never smoked, but I have a husband that does and it drives me crazy.

He phoned me just know telling me he has not smoked all day - I don't believe him. He gets all moody and unpleasant when he is not smoking.

Question - can smoking affect out sex life? He has not sex drive and can go without it for weeks. He blames his smoking.

Comments please

Reply to Libby
Posted by: anon | 2006/08/01

You are suffering withdrawal effects. So just hang in there.
Buy a bag of prunes and chew one every now and then, keep the pip in your mouth and suck on it as long as possible. Drink a lot of water to flush out your system.
I decided one day to quit and thats what I did, cold turkey and never looked back since. I got fitter and healthier, didn't stink like nicotene ( My hair and clothes smell great now) Thats the payoff in the long run. Well Done. Keep it Up!!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Buffs | 2006/08/01

I stopped once before for 2 years with patches. I use step 2 for 1 week and step 3 for 1 week then im done (well thats how i did it last time).

Havent had a cig since friday morning.

All i know is that the last time i stopped for 2 years all i wanted was a cig. I would dream about it at night.. i dont want to go through that again!!

Reply to Buffs
Posted by: Dove | 2006/08/01

How many days has it been to-day. It get betters but can take up to four months to stop cravings. Remember you still have to get off the patches aswell that is why I did not use them this time.

Reply to Dove