Question
Posted by: loney | 2005/07/13

A cyst or not a cyst that is the question.....

How do you know if you have a cyst...is there any symptoms that one must look out for....I just finished my period but have been experiencing pain in my side,lower abdomen...can it be a cyst or is it just post period pain? Am I being paranoid in thinking something is wrong with me....so much waht a baby but to scared to go to the gynae to find out if anything is wrong....

PS: was at a gynae 2yrs ago and he saw nothing then...could one have grown over the years

The usual symptoms are pain or irregular periods. You should have a gynae check.

1
Posted by: Bianca | 2005/07/13

Hi, Yes cysts could definitely have developed over the last 2 years. If you are worried go to your gynae, he/she will just to a sonar and she will be able to pick up straight away if something is wrong. It's better to go sooner rather than later. If it's still at early stages it will be easy to treat with medication. The longer you wait the more difficult treating the problem will be (that is if something is wrong). I always prefer to know rather than "wonder" about how things are. Good luck and lets us know what you decide and how it turns out.
Also (as an after thought) if there is something wrong and it is effecting your ttc it would be so much better to get it sorted out now.

Reply to Bianca