Question
Posted by: Chattedy-chat-chat-chat | 2005/11/25

a Chat

Have any of you ever heard of sending your underdone meat back and then getting the same piece back on enquiring to this the manager tell's you:

They scrape the sauce off.
Wash it off in oil.
Re-cook and Re-serve ?

Do they through this oil away after washing it off or do they re-use it?

Saddles was the restaurant.

I thought if food was not right you get fresh food ?

Let us know if Saddles responds satisfactorily. After we bought some FOUL parmalat milk a month or so ago, 3 times posted a complaint on their website, and never received even the courtesy of a reply --- the Parmalat websiite is a fraud, with apparently no mechanism for having any intelligent life form to actually read the messages posted there ( and they very carefully provide no other email address for more direct communication ) --- that's the mark of a company which doesn't give a damn about feedback or its consumers.

8
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/25

I don't think there is a law about this... so I guess each restaurant decides for itself how to handle these things... I guess the test for them is whether the people are generally happy, and that whatever they do also passes the health laws..... I think a really good restaurant would give you new food though.

Reply to ...
Posted by: cHATTEDY CHAT | 2005/11/25

Thank you JM

But can you tell me what they are SUPPOSE to do?

Reply to cHATTEDY CHAT
Posted by: JM | 2005/11/25

My sister used to be an operator at a well known steakhouse, so yes, 99,9% of the time they only "wash" the food and send it back.

I know of one instance where the steak had the wrong sauce on. The sauce was just nicely scraped off and the correct sauce added and returned to the customer.

Reply to JM
Posted by: Chattedy chat | 2005/11/25

Took a doggy bag for my dog.

Reply to Chattedy chat
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/25

Did you eat the food... wondering whether it tasted okay after all that treatment... or if it was spoilt....

Reply to ...
Posted by: Chatedy Chat | 2005/11/25

Went onto the website this morning and lodged a complaint, will have to see if the franchise is at fault or is it standard practise.

Reply to Chatedy Chat
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/25

I thought so too... what did you do after that?

Reply to ...
Posted by: Tactical | 2005/11/25

I thought so too..... I guess it depends on the quality of the restaurant

Reply to Tactical