Question
Posted by: EL JO | 2004/10/14

A

Hi El-Jo

Did you manage to sort out your doctors app for your husband yesterday and how is he today - and you?

A

ElJo, I hope your appointment with the counsellor works out and is helpful. I think you're right about why he's frightned of going to hospital. Again, couldn't NCA or Hospice provide a home-visit team to make him comfortable right where he is ?

2
Posted by: A | 2004/10/14

I am thinking about you in this stressful time - may you find peace and a solution to this terrible situation you're in.

We are in a similar situation but not as life threatening as your husband's - it concerns my dad.

Good luck anyhow with today's app!

Reply to A
Posted by: El-Jo | 2004/10/14

Dear A
My husband’s condition is still the same. He is extremely distressed by the fact that he can hardly move at all. I think he knows that it won't get better again. I did manage to take him to the doctor yesterday. His doctor wants to hospitalise him, but he doesn’t want to go. I know that he is scared that once he has been admitted to hospital he will never be able to leave it again.
I’ve made an appointment to see a councillor today, because I don’t know how to deal with the situation.

Reply to El-Jo