Question
Posted by: T | 2019/07/31

Zytomil and Pregnancy

Hi Doc, I was on Zytomil 10 mg until I fell pregnant after which my gynae suggested i switch to Serdep. I have been on the Serdep for two weeks now and it is really not working for me. My previous gynae confirmed that Zytomil is safe in pregnancy so i want to switch back asap. Is it advisable?

- 2019/08/12

Zytomil is regarded as safe in pregnancy. However, I would not suggest switching without supervision by your psychiatrist. Generally 2 weeks is not sufficient time for the Serdep to become effective. If you were now to change back to Zytomil, it may take some time for this to start workingagain. I would suggest that any changes be made by consultation with your psychiatrist.