Question
Posted by: | 2019/08/27

Yeast infection

Good day doctor, about three weeks ago while menstruating I felt a itching in my vagina and I used anti fungal cream, the itch went away for a few days, about 4 days later I got a tablet from the pharmacy for yeast infection, this one tablet did not work and I got another one.Two days later this still has not cleared up and I went to see the doctor. The doctor tested for UTI which was negative, prescribed a pill to insert vaginally and also tablet which she said I should use after 5 days if the infection has not cleared. I used those tablets as well and the itch is not gone yet. I have no discharge, only itch and discomfort. What could be the problem?

- 2019/08/28

You have been treated for thrush, but it may be that the itch is due to something else. Allergies and skin problems could also cause this. I would suggest that you go back to your doctor and discuss this.The next step may be to take a swab to see if there is any infection. If not, you will have to explore the other possibilities.