Question
Posted by: Nadine | 2019/05/23

Yeast and/or UTI

Hi there, I went for an entry medical (new job) and the urine test indicated blood and leukocytes. (I am on the pill but my period this month was a bit funny - didn't really happen but also did). The doctor the prescribed me antibiotics for a potential UTI which I finished about 5 days ago. However, I took those at home 10-marker urinalysis tests and it still indicated leukocytes, blood and nitrites. As I do not have UTI symptoms, could this possibly have turned into a yeast infection? My actual questiion would then be: how reliable is the at home urinalysis (as I don't feel ill or anything)?

- 2019/05/27

HI Nadine
Your question came through twice, I just answered the previous one. Good luck with the new job.