Question
Posted by: BB | 2019/02/21

X-Ray explanation

Hi could you please explain what the following means and if it will resolve or get worse overtime. 1. Cervical spondylotic - intervertebral disc narrowing in my neck 2. Costochondral calcification notice in my ribs Thank you

- 2019/02/22

These are changes that come with wear and tear of the body, but it will not change. The intervertebral disc narrowing can start to give you problems because the space in between the vertebrae is narrowing and this can cause pressure on the nerves that originate from that intervertebral space, causing symptoms like pins and needles and pain in the upper limbs and neck. The calcification in the ribs does not sound serious, this is at the junction of the ribs and the cartilage, as it foes into the breastbone. I suggest that you ask the opinion of a neurosurgeon or an orthopedic surgeon. Good luck.