Question
Posted by: | 2017/12/07

Working for 4 years on Contract

Dear Mr Bagraim, please can you help, I work for one of the Legislatures in CT I started as a contract worker and it went up to 4 years. I was then made permanent. I am there now 10 years but with only 6 years as permanent, I asked the Legislature to allow me to work 4 more years just to get my 10 years full as a permanent staff member, which means my benefits will be much better. I was told they looking into the problem. I am 64 very healthy I am in work everyday. I was running the office when the lady in charged pass on. I hope you can give me some advise. This is my email address fancyface.j320@gmail.com PS I am stressed I am single, and I don't have any one I can go for any support should I be without work Many thanks

Expert ImageLabour lawyer
- 2017/12/18

re: Working for 4 Years on Contract

Unfortunately we act on behalf of the Legislature in Cape Town and cannot give you advice.

2
Posted by: Demi | 2017/12/12

I don't work for the Legislature of the Western Cape I work KZN Legislature CT office. My apologies

Reply to Demi