Question
Posted by: Anna | 2019/04/07

Will my facial hair grow back faster since I have PCOS?

Will hair removal such as waxing of mustache hair cause it to grow back thicker considering I have PCOS?Hey so, I have PCOS due to which my beard hair grows pretty thick. I also have some relatively light mustache hairs which I am afraid to wax off or thread off because I feel like it might grow back thicker. Will waxing or threading or any proceedure of hair removal cause it to grow back thicker? Is it a good idea to do so? Or should I leave my mustache hair as it is? Please help!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert
- 2019/05/24

Hi Anna and thank you for the question.

My sincerest apologies for the delay in my response.

If you thread or wax the hair it should not have an effect on the speed the hair returns or its thickness. Unfortunately, these changes are all related to the hormonal changes. One may have to consider laser hair reduction as an option.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Dr Alek Nikolic.