Question
Posted by: Sandra | 2018/05/15

Will I fully recover from a sever reaction to doxycycline?

I still feel tension in my throat going down to the chest and a thick-like sensation when swallowing almost like I'm trying to swallow something big and it hurts when it goes down. I've been to the doctor 3 times already and they can't find anything worrying. They just gave me prednisone which at times tightens my chest as well. I just want this feeling to go away. I want to breathe and swallow normally again.

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/05/24

We have already answered your question below, and advised you discuss the possibility of a Thrush (Candida) infection of the threat and gullet with your GP.