Question
Posted by: Beepo | 2020/07/18

Why don’t I care?

I have gradually stopped caring about everything and everyone. I am not unhappy but if I miss an experience that I normally consider special or don’t do anything about a friend who needs help, I just wait it out and have no feeling about it. I also feel callous towards people I neither know nor like what goes on?

- 2020/07/21

Hello Beepo
Such an interesting question.  This can be a feature of ordinary Depression : sometimes it brings about this sort of indifference, ennui, lack of emotion,  rather than necessarily sadness and gloom.  Sometimes it begins with sadness, then, as this grows more unpleasant, rather like an electrical circuit blowing a fuse, one's mood may similarly switch off the Feeling component leaving a blank, flat emotion instead. 
This can respond to antidepressant medications, but maybe also very well to CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) a specific form of counselling, which helps you to regain control of emotional problems, and to learn to revise unhelpful habits of thought and behaviour that create depression or moodless-ness, and to built more constructive habits of mind.
This sort of situation may arise from largely chemical internal processes, or as a response to physical sickness or similar problems ; or as a set of reactions to a series of miserable and discouraging life events,  Here CBT can be especially helpful.
Some therapists could also recognize the extent to which we can be discouraged ( good word that, for a removal of courage ) by not only our personal direct life experiences, but by our recognition of the the gloomy state of the world and the failure of so many governments to get a grip on what is really needed from them.