Question
Posted by: | 2019/01/24

Multiple orgasms

I am a female and I am not able to have multiple orgasm. I read that it should be easier after the first one. Is that normal and if not, what might be the problem?

Expert ImageSex expert
- 2019/01/28

Everyone is different when it comes to orgasms. Some men can even have multiple orgasms if they train themselves to do so! Nothing is abnormal unless it seriously distresses you and has a marked impact on your physical or mental health.

When you say you cannot orgasm multiple times, does this mean that you have to wait hours in between orgasms? Multiple orgasms can happen in quick succession, but sometimes there needs to be a short rest period between each orgasm as the genital area can feel very sensitive to touch after the initial orgasm and, depending on the strength of your orgasm and your level of physical fitness, the body can become very tired post-orgasm.