Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2019/06/10

Why am not getting pregnant ?

I had an abortion in 2013 and I inserted a loop to prevent and I took it last. year I have been trying to get pregnant but nothing I'm afraid I might not have kids.

- 2019/06/21

Dear Anonymous,

Resumption of fertility are removing the loop is meant to be immediate however every person is different. Only if you have been trying for a full year without any success should you start considering seeking medical attention. That means you have been having regular unprotected intercourse and have failed to conceive. If you have been trying for this period of time or are older than 35 years, I advise that you see your gynaecologist for work-up and further management.  Please don't be despondent, you have fallen pregnant before and possibly with some assistance you will fall pregnant again.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed