Posted by: Alley | 2018/02/20

What is this? Eczema? Allergic reaction? HELP!

I’m not exactly sure what this is or how to describe it. I have these bumps on my cheeks that have always been there, they don’t itch or hurt, however they are red. I always assumed it was eczema. Anyways i have splotches all over my face right now and that’s the problem. Two days ago my skin was completely clear (except for the bumps here and there) and right now my face is covered in splotches and tiny bumps. If you look up close, you can see a ton of tiny raised bumps. Almost like someone too a tiny pin and poked me a million times. They don’t itch or hurt for the most part though right now the splotch by my mouth does itch but I think that’s because I’m thinking about it. The skin is noticeably red, there’s a million tiny tiny bumps and some parts of my skin is raised and red like a welt. I have no idea what this is or what caused it. I have no problem giving out my other email to anyone who would like to see pictures of my skin to better understand what I’m talking about. I just need help figuring out what this is so I can take care of it. I’ve spent the last few years really working to get my face cleared up and this is devastating. I haven’t used any new products in the last few days, no new foods or drinks. It’s acted like this before but it was minuscule and went away within an hour or so. This has lasted for a two days and is only getting worse. Please help! Also I apologize if I seem all over the place or selected the wrong expert. It’s late and I’ve been searching for a forum to ask this question on for a while now. I don’t do well with medical “mysteries”.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2018/03/02

This is curious presentation as most allergy rashes present with bigger red blotches and itch intensely. It is possible that this is a heat rash called Polymorphic Light Eruption (PLE). But if it is recurrent or persists then consult a Dermatologist.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.