Question
Posted by: | 2019/02/16

Pain

Hello Dear Doctor, What is the cause of pain in intercostal nerves across stomach? This pain feels under ribs during activity even walking and there is no pain during sleeping (I mean without any movement). (Feeling like stretching something)

- 2019/02/19

It sounds as if you have injured the intercostal muscles in some way. Did you exert yourself or do any exercise that could have caused inflammation or stretching of the intercostal muscles? Try to remember when the pain started and what you were doing at that time. You can try anti-inflammatory treatment such as Voltaren emulgel or deep heat  - apply it to the area as directed. Try to avoid any exercise or action that can make it worse. If this does not improve within a week or two, consider going to the doctor for an examination and possibly an X-ray. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.