Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/15

Alcohol Withdrawals

What can an alcoholic do for help with withdraw systems if he has no money and no mode of transport to get anywhere? A person I know is an alcoholic, he knows he is an alcoholic and is trying to stop drinking. Problem is his withdrawal symptoms are not controlled and he hasn't got the will power to stop "cold turkey". I've also heard it is dangerous to stop "cold turkey" for an alcohol problem

- 2019/09/16

Stopping "Cold Turkey" is rarely if ever a good idea, with any form of substance dependence, whether pills or liquor.  What's needed is to reduce the amount you take in GRADUALLY.  The amount by which one reduces, and how often one steps it down, depends on the substance, and how rapidly it leaves the body. 
Your friend doesn't have to do this alone. If he now believes that he is an alcoholic and does need to stop, he has already made the single most important step forward.  He should contact Alcoholics Anonymous, which will have groups nearby, and may be able to help arrange for someone to fetch him to meetings.  They can provide information and support, and link to local resources for help. 
There may be ( should be ) facilities linked to the nearest major state hospital or clinic, too.