Question
Posted by: | 2019/08/19

Coronary artery disease

What can I do to reduce the chances of coronary artery disease. I read a newspaper article saying that coronary artery disease can be hereditary and I just want to take precaution.

- 2019/08/21

I think that the best idea is to go to your GP to estimate your baseline risk. Your GP can take a family history, blood pressure, do the necessary blood tests and an ECG (tests of the heart). If you have any risks, your GP will either prescribe medication or give you advice. In the meantime, you can correct your diet - so less red meat, more fish, vegetables and healthy fats. You can also increase your exercise to at least 30 minutes five times per week. It is also very important to reduce your stress levels - high stress levels contribute to heart disease. Good luck!