Question
Posted by: | 2020/06/25

What are all the causes of spotting?

Hello Doc. I'm a 22 year old female and I was suppose to get my period during this week but instead of getting my period I started spotting. Is there something wrong with that or is it completely normal

- 2020/07/07

Sometimes that can be due to irregular shedding of the womb lining, which is usually hormonal and not a major problem. Spotting can, however, be due to polyps or other abnormalities of the uterus or cervix. If this has occurred before, I would suggest that you see a  gynaecologist. If it is the first time, you can probably wait and see if it recurs.