Question
Posted by: Romika | 2018/07/19

Weight gain

How can I gain weight I'm HIV+

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2018/07/19

Good Morning

To gain weight you need to consume more energy from food and fluids than was you expend with breathing, the HIV+, and walking etc. 
You need to make a conscious effort in eating small regular meals and including energy dense food items such as milk (lactose free if better tolerated), dried fruit, nuts, cheese in between your meals. Then consume larger portions at each meal or Drink milk with your meals. Consider an additional shake e.g. Futurelife Shake mixed with Milk each day before bedtime in addition to your meals.

Otherwise ideally a meal plan can be worked out for you by a dietitian. Visit the following website www.adsa.org.za to find your nearest dietitian.