Question
Posted by: | 2018/02/20

Wanting to stop Depo

Hi doctor, I have been on Depo since last year June. I am due for my next shot in March. Now I have decided not to take the shot since Depo is making me bleed, and I am not gonna be on any contraceptives. Please advise when the depo will wear off in my body. I am not planning on getting pregnant, I just want to know when I should expect regular periods back. Thanks

- 2018/02/23

It can take up to a  year for periods to return normally, but this does vary from person to person. If you are not planning to fall pregnant, you should use alternative contraception as you are not safe while off Depo.