Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/17

Viral encephalitis

Female,49. My story started with diarrhea and vomting for 2 days. . Then I got flulike symptoms like body aches chills and sneezing that lasted for about 4 days. Then all of a sudden I experienced dizziness,total loss of balance and severe headaches. I was admitted and after tests, treated for viral encephalitis. Now,2 weeks into revovery I was diagnosed with mumps!, Is this in any way realetd. Or did the encephalitis made me vulnerable for other diseases. What can I do to give my immune system a bit of a boost.

- 2019/09/19

The encephalitis decreased the resilience of your immune system, so you are correct in thinking that it made you more vulnerable to other diseases. You could have picked up the mumps in hospital. The other possibility is that it could have been mumps all along because mumps can also cause encephalitis. To boost your immune system, I suggest a course of Vit B injections, but also enough rest and eating healthy foods. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.