Question
Posted by: Contradiction | 2020/02/16

Vibrator use pros and cons

Hi Dr. I use a vibrator very regularly as I heard it strengthens your vaginal walls, and frequent orgasms are very healthy. I discussed this with my gynae and he advised me that vibrator use only has positive results and increases blood flow to the area, strengthens ones vaginal walls and aids in loss of vaginal fluids at my age. But here is the issue, a good friend of mine got advise from her gynae that contradicts mine, her advise is that frequent use can weaken vagina walls and cause a lack of sensitivity in the vagina, I am now looking for the right answer, please can you assist me with this.

- 2020/02/21

I don't think that vibrator use will weaken the vaginal walls. In terms of loss of sensitivity, the sensations produced by a vibrator are usually quite intense, more so that with manual stimulation or intercourse, so you mind find that you experience less intensity without the vibrator. This is usually made up for by the other advantages of human contact.