Question
Posted by: Christo | 2018/06/22

Vertigo and High BP

When I get Vertigo my BP always shoots up, yesterday it was 176 /114, I feel really very ill and short of breath, mother in law gave me a bp tablet , doctor says no , rather take a tranquiliser and lie down until your bp and Vertigo stabilaises. Dont take bp tablets. I dont generally have High bp , so is this condition normal and is it expected to feel worse when you have vertigo with high bp. And should I take maybe Purbloka but he says there is no tablet that will bring my bp down any time soon whilst I am ill with Vertigo

Expert ImageHypertension expert
- 2018/06/25

It is rather uncontrolled blood pressure that leads to vertigo. Please ask for a referral to a specialist physician who will control your blood pressure.