Question
Posted by: | 2020/08/10

Vaginal Pain/Pelvic Pain

Hello. I have a doctor's appointment next week, but would like to get some relief before then. 2 months ago I had my coloposcopy done. I have low grade HPV cells that need to be checked on yearly (the results came back with low grade cells no change). A few days later I was having UTI symptoms which included frequent urination, a slight burning, pain when holding pee even for a few minutes, and pelvic/lower belly pain, so I had urine culture done it came back positive for UTI so I was given Nitrofurantoin. I took the medication for 5 days, but my symptoms did not improve I started having vaginal pain as well. No abnormal discharge or smell. No dryness just pain in the begnning and middle of my vagina during intercourse. No itching either. I had another urine culture done and it came back negative. I was still having pain so the nurse suggested I have a yeast infection due to the antibiotics so I took Monistat 7 for a week. That didn't help I still had all the symptoms, so I got my urine culture done again it came back positive and also had a transvaginal ultrasound done. It showed I had to small cysts about 2cm each (one was complex and the other follicular) I also had fluid on my left ovary other than that everything was fine. This was a couple weeks ago and I am still having the same pelvic pain, frequent urination, vaginal pain during intercourse, light back pain. My urine is clear, no smell, no cloudiness or change in color, my discharge is normal no smell or different color, and not thick. I have not changed partners, my partner who is my husband is fine. I don't know what it could be, I've never had this issue before.

- 2020/08/13

It does seem that your UTI has been treated. A complex cyst could cause pelvic pain and pain with intercourse. If it is close to the bladder it could also cause urinary frequency. I would suggest you see what your doctor suggests.