Question
Posted by: | 2019/05/23

UTI & Yeast infection

Hi there, I just wanted to know how trustworthy those at home uranalysis test strips are? I went for a general check-up (including urine test) and they said there were traces of blood and leukocytes. The blood could have been from my period while I wasn't sure about the leukocytes (maybe UTI?) . The doctor then prescribed antibiotics (cypro) which I drank for 5 days (finished on the 18th of this month). However, when I did the urinalysis test at home yesterday, it still showed the presence of nitrites and leukocytes as well as blood. Could this mean I'm now struggling with a yeast infection? I'm on the pill (Yaz) which sometimes causes me to skip my period (which it sort of did this month but also not really).

- 2019/05/27

If the test has not yet expired, then it is trustworthy. It seems to me that you have a lingering infection, either UTI or yeast infection, as you mentioned. I suggest that you have a urine culture done to confirm which organism is causing the infection. Good luck.