Question
Posted by: | 2020/01/24

Tubal reversal

Good day I hope you are doing well? Please can you advice on a very good Dr that still does Tubal Reversal in JHB– and what the cost will be to do something like this. I had my Tubes cut end of 2016. Looking forward to your reply Many thanks

- 2020/02/10

Dear Anonymous,

There are many doctors who do tubal reversals in Jhb and the cost will vary depending on the doctor, the clinic facility, anaesthetist, mode of reversal (open or laparoscopic) etc. For this type of surgery, I advise that you consult with a fertility clinic to first determine if you are a good candidate for tubal reversal surgery and to advise you regarding the procedure going forward, success rates, risks etc.

Things that need to be considered before attempting a tubal reversal would be, how the tubes were “cut”? Where it was “cut”? If there is enough tubal length for a reversal to be attempted? Do you or your partner have any other fertility issues/concerns etc?

Answered by Dr T Mohamed