Question
Posted by: | 2019/09/10

Trisporal capsules

Good day Doctor, I took Trisporal capsules (2) on 23 and 24 August. I decided to stop drink my contraceptive pill (Jasmin), last active pill taken was on 30 August. I read on the leaflet of Trisporal that it should not be taken while pregnant and you should not get pregnant for 2 months after your last dose. Should I use protection until say 23/24 October? What is are the risks of getting pregnant now? How long does this dose of only 2 capsules stay in your system? I do not want to take any changes. Thank you

- 2019/09/13

I think that you should do as the leaflet says and avoid pregnancy for 2 months, so that would take you to 24 October. The miscarriage risk is thought to be higher if you fall pregnant before this.