Question
Posted by: Andy | 2018/11/13

Treatment/diet

Hi a year ago I tested positive for TB, started with treatment and completed the treatment. A few months after completing treatment I started gaining weight. My usual weight has always been around 60-62 kgs. Currently my weight is 72kgs. I have tried several diets, I have cut out sugar and bread from my diet. What could i be doing wrong?

Expert ImageThe Dietitians
- 2019/01/07

Hi Andy

To lose weight you need to cut your calories significant enought to get your body n a fat buring state This means we need to control ALL types of food eaten, all food quantities as well as the times we eat 3 meals a day with the minimum to no snacking. What we drink or not drink also play a role The best will be to consult with a diettitian that can calculate a plan cutting your calories to promote fat burning She can also taking your lifestyle in consideration that facilitate adherence as well as to manage  reliastic expectations of the weight loss process Contact www.adsa.org.za