Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2018/10/10

Switching birth control

Hello doc, i was recently by my gynecologist and i complained about having hectic headaches since i started melodene over a year ago and also missing a few of my periods. She suggested that i switch over to Qlaira, I'm not however sure if i should. From my understanding Qlaira is a lower dosaged pill? I'm just a bit worried that if i go over to Qlaira, what happens if the dosage is to low for me and I'm not completely protected against pregnancy... Will it help with the missing of periods?

- 2018/10/15

Qlaira is perfectly adequate in protecting you from pregnancy. You would just need to use extra precautions during the changeover. Missing periods on the Pill is an individual thong and varies from person to person. You would have to see what effect it has on you.