Question
Posted by: Mike | 2019/11/09

Sudden joint/nerve pain and muscle twitching

I'm 32 and have been having nerve/joint pain for a few years where it would flare up for a few weeks and then gradually get better. Over the past year many other symptoms have started and I have seen several specialists without any answers. I have developed muscle twitches all over my body, my nerves and joints feel like they are on fire (pain level of a 7 or 8), My throat is constantly sore and I have nearly constant bloating. I have received an MRI looking for MS which came back negative, blood tests looking for inflammation also negative, Xrays, CT scans, more blood and hormone tests all that come back negative or one data point will be slightly elevated but go back to normal range on subsequent testing. OTC pain medications don't help and I don't just want painkillers, I just want to know what is going on so I can actually get treatment. I have a good diet and stay active when the pain allows. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

- 2019/11/14

Hi Mike
I know it sounds very basic, but have they tested your Vit B and Vit D levels? If they are low, it can also cause some of the symptoms that you have been experiencing and the treatment is so simple (supplementation). If your levels are normal, I would also suggest that you start to look for another cause, such as severe stress levels, or some kind of emotional pain that you might not realise is causing you a great deal of stress. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.