Question
Posted by: | 2019/11/20

Stomach pain with black stool

About a week ago started with dry throat and cough/mucus, did not feel sick aside from that for 2-3 days. Friday: I drank approx 7-8 drinks ate a slightly pink brat. Had a good time partying Saturday: feeling nausea, and overall sick. I dismissed it as a bad hangover and went to work, left sick early,and vomited up black as well as moderate abdomen pain. At this point I thought i had an ulcer and starting trying to heal as if i had an ulcer. Sunday morning i was feeling better than the night before, but had black stools. No abdomen pain in the morning, but developing into milder pain later in the day.(center of abdomen) Monday comes around and I have little to no pain in the morning, stool is looking less black, later in day i got moderate pain near belly button and also under rib cage. Pain was probably most severe this night, lacked appetite, mild heartburn, also felt cold, and may have had minor fever. Slept well and actually woke up feeling pretty good. Tuesday: Feeling significantly better than I had the past couple of mornings but still minor pain to by belly button area, as well as my pubic bone area, and just to the left of that which started today. The pain migration over the last 24 hours had me start to think it might be appendicitis. I plan to go visit a local doctor if I still have similar pain tomorrow. 21 yr old male, I also smoke cannabis and electronic cigarettes which may be relevant. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- 2019/11/20

If you are still experiencing pain or black stools, then please go to the doctor as soon as possible, because this can indicate a stomach ulcer. The black stools are an indication of 'old blood', meaning that there is bleeding higher up in the gastrointestinal tract, such as the stomach. Yes, one will also have to rule out appendicitis if the pain is persisting. In the meantime, do not use any alcohol or unnecessary pain killers and try not to smoke. These are all things that can make a stomach ulcer worse. Good luck and I hope that you feel better soon.