Question
Posted by: Queen | 2019/07/12

Spotting before period date

hi doc I have irregular periods and i have been noting down everything that happens in my cycle. i had the intercourse the weekend i was supposed to be fertile, now on day 24 of my cycle i am spotting and only in the morning for 3 days. on the 4th day it stopped, but with cramping..could i be pregnant or is the period coming?

- 2019/07/16

Spotting before a period could be an implantation bleed but could also mean that your period is about to start. Some women have irregular shedding of the womb lining with spotting before the actual period starts. It could also be an indication of a cervical polyp. I would suggest that you check a  pregnancy test. If this is negative and you regularly have irregular periods or spotting, then you should see a  gynae.