Question
Posted by: Melinda | 2019/02/05

Side effects of fertomid

Good morning doctor please can you advise me if fertomid tablets causes severe sore throat. I have been on the medication for six months now and I'm experiencing absolutely sore throat where it's even difficult for me to swallow my saliva. I do not have the flu or any flu like symptoms. Your help would be highly appreciated Thank you Melinda

- 2019/02/22

Dear Melinda,

This is not a side-effect of Fertomid that I have heard of and if it is it is definitely not a common side-effect. I advise that you omit using the fertomid for a month and see if that makes any difference. Also you should consult with your GP / ENT to exclude any another serious cause for your sore throat.

Answered by Dr T Mohamed