Question
Posted by: Lesley Fullard | 2020/04/28

Antibiotic and purbac

I am taking two purbac double strengths a day for chronic cystitis to try and bring the infection under control.. Today I have a headache and I'm wondering if Im allergic. I also still have some infection after 4 days of double dose. What should I do.

Expert ImageAllergy expert
- 2020/05/28

Purbac is an entry level antibiotic to treat cystitis (a bladder infection). Hopefully your doctor will have tested the urine to see if the bacteria (usually an E Coli)is sensitive to Purbac (also called Trimethoprim). If you have chronic cystitis, nitrofurantoin may be a better antibiotic to take. Most medications can cause headaches and this isn't an allergic reaction. Please discuss your symptoms and non-response to treatment with your GP.