Posted by: Concerned | 2016/09/12

Sharp knee and back pain

i have had a very sharp internal back pain on my right side for months now and it seems to be not going away even after i consulted GP but was given pain killers it has now spread to the right breast and is internal it hurts. is been 2 weeks since i discovered a have a painful knee of the left side and is painful especially when i walk or bending my knee and it makes a funny sound like something is broken but the right side knee doesn't make that kind of sound what could be the cause for all the pain? should i consult a GP or Physio?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageBackache expert
- 2016/09/13

Hallo Concerned,

I suggest that you consult the doctor where you were in the first place with the R-sided chest pain, again. Ask for tests to be done.  If all is well, you can go to a physiotherapist with that complaint.

I do not think the L-sided knee pain is connected to the R-sided chest pain.  Often, with muscle imbalance over time (call it age), we develop degeneration underneath our knee caps - giving these impressive crackling sounds.  A physiotherapist can assist you with exercises in this regard.

All the best,
Susan Grobler

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.