Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2016/09/12

Sharp knee and back pain

i have had a very sharp internal back pain on my right side for months now and it seems to be not going away even after i consulted GP but was given pain killers it has now spread to the right breast and is internal it hurts. is been 2 weeks since i discovered a have a painful knee of the left side and is painful especially when i walk or bending my knee and it makes a funny sound like something is broken but the right side knee doesn't make that kind of sound what could be the cause for all the pain? should i consult a GP or Physio?

Expert ImageBackache expert
- 2016/09/13

Hallo Concerned,

I suggest that you consult the doctor where you were in the first place with the R-sided chest pain, again. Ask for tests to be done.  If all is well, you can go to a physiotherapist with that complaint.

I do not think the L-sided knee pain is connected to the R-sided chest pain.  Often, with muscle imbalance over time (call it age), we develop degeneration underneath our knee caps - giving these impressive crackling sounds.  A physiotherapist can assist you with exercises in this regard.

All the best,
Susan Grobler